Friday 11 January 2013

A late Christmas gift - Filofax Compact Regency

My hubby gave me the best Christmas gift everrrrr! I could choose any Filofax I wanted. It took me a while to decide, the Holborn was tempting but the Regency won me over with all the pockets and the beautiful ostrich patterned leather.

Why the compact? Well I'm using the personal Amazona as a wallet and planner and I'm finding it very bulky. I'm currently carrying a nappy bag and with the Amazona it's just too heavy and .....big.

So here are some pictures of my new Compact Regency and comparisons with the Amazon.




I won't go into the specifics as there are other bloggers who have done so - and probably much better than what I can. I will tell you however that the rings are alligned and have no gaps and the binder laid almost flat out of the box! The leather is surprisingly soft and just so plain lovely! 

The Regency came with cotton cream Wo2P and other general inserts. I sold this as I am currently using Dodopad and had invested too much time into it....and I'm enjoying the different format.

I'll be using the Amazona at home as a storage binder. As I can only carry a limited amount of paper in the Regency, the Amazona would be perfect to hold used/unused pages.

I'll do a post later on my set up. Until then....

ML

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your latest arrival :) I too have the regency. It's currently an extension wallet since it appeared too small to function as my main binder. Is there a chance you're ever getting rid of your Personal Amazona? I have one in red that I'm going to swap real soon, but always had my eye on the black one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was considering selling my Amazona but I am currently using it as a storage binder. I'm actually loving it at the moment now that I'm not carrying it around :)

      Delete
  2. Nice gift from hubby! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a hard choice between the osterley and regency...

      Delete
  3. That is a wonderful Christmas gift & I hope you get on well with your new acquisition :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! It's a match made in heaven hehehe

      Delete