Sunday 2 December 2012

The gift of giving .... A Filofax

I bought an unused black personal Finsbury on ebay just before I purchased my personal Amazona. I chose to use the Amazona. The Finsbury quickly became a storage folder.

My sister in law saw me using my Amazona and became interested. She currently uses - what looks like a slimline size - generic planner. The planner looked pretty beaten up and was far too small for what it contained. She asked me what I was using. So went on a long rant about the Filofax brand and how it's an investment and you get what you pay for - that is leather and quality!

She questioned me about my diary set up. I showed her the Dodopad and week to view by Kikki K. She preferred the week to view - I assume that she thought the Dodopad was "too busy".

Her birthday is also coming up and there and then I had a light bulb moment.

Sister in law's birthday + Spare filofax = Kick ass gift

So I bought Kikki K dividers and 2013 week to view refill. The paper is the same
as the FF cotton cream and the dividers consist of the following:

- Monthly View
- Weekly view
- Addresses
- Birthdays & Anniversaries
- Shops & Restaurants
- To do
- Websites



I went about my business and filled the planner. I added a few post it notes at the front and added a purple ink pen from my stationery stash.




Now who is the best sister in law right now? This gal *points to self*

ML

P.S. I apologise for the poor quality pics. I'll try harder next time.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I hope someday someone gives me a nice filofax for Christmas! ; ) You ARE a great Sis-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GothBarbie - it definitely is the season of giving. I hope you get a Filofax this christmas.....it changes your life lol

      ML

      Delete
  2. Awesome SIL. Lovely gift.
    I adore those funky dividers and had a look at her etsy shop yesterday.

    ReplyDelete